What is a Chemical Peel?
A Chemical Peel is just what it sounds like – it’s a chemical solution that is applied to your skin that eventually peels off.
Why would anyone want their skin to peel off, though!?
The chemical peel forces the older, less healthy skin to peel off to allow newer, less wrinkled, and healthier skin to replace it.
What are the benefits of a Chemical Peel?
There are tons of benefits to getting a Chemical Peel:
- Treat acne and diminish acne scars
- Improve other forms of scarring
- Reduce fine lines and other wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of sun/age spots
- Lighten dark patches
- Even out skin tone imbalances
- Enhance the look and feel of your skin
Where can you get a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels can be done on your:
But remember that after the treatment your skin will be more sensitive to the sun, so make sure to wear sunscreen and limit your direct sunlight exposure.
What is a Micro Peel?
Just like with a Chemical Peel, a chemical solution is applied to your skin. Unlike a full-blown chemical peel, you shouldn’t expect the blistering and other noticeable side effects.
Because of the lightness of a Micro Peel, the benefits don’t last as long. So the best practice is to get four to six Micro Peel treatments at 2 week intervals.
What are the benefits of a Micro Peel?
- Enhance skin color
- Improve skin texture and smoothness
- Beneficial effects on wrinkles and unwanted fine lines
- Balances out age spots, sun spots, and other skin discolorations
What is the cost of a Micro Peel?
The cost of a Micro Peel is dependent on the area getting treated and how many treatments you would like. To get an accurate, fair price for your Micro Peel, please come in for a free consultation.